ggmj.de

German Giant Map Junkies
Aktuelle Zeit: Di Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: FTP Ports & CHMOD settings
BeitragVerfasst: Sa Mai 19, 2007 6:34 pm 

I have installed everything according to the readme, and although the GDLib thing was a problem for some reason (even though it is installed), I have done what you've mentioned in the other post ie changing values to 12345 for example, and now i'm logged in. If not I can just leave port 21 open for this account.

Here is the first "issue". our game server I have running an ftp BUT it is not using a standard port, ie its running on port 21XX rather than the usual 21. Is there a way of adding port numbers to the IP in the config file? Or is it always just using port 21? I have temporarily set one acocunt (used only by UTLC) to accept port 21 (which works), but is there a way of adding this info to the confif? ie IP: XXX.XX.XXX.XXX:21XX ? I've tried that in the config, and then it gives me the error to check the config file as it can not connect to the ftp.

Second thing what chmod settings do you recommend for the webserver? (our webserver is running linux). I noticed if i CHMOD the index.php to 777m it just doesnt work at all. So what would you recommend for the /log and /checkedlogs folders? right now I have them at 777 and although I can remote into the game server, upload the files manually, I can not do it through the index.php get files section, here it just gives me the 0Files transferred. over and over again.

After manually transferring the files to the webserver, i let it check logs etc, and the output is awesome. This is such a great tool, but unfortunately I'm screwing up something and it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Sa Mai 19, 2007 11:14 pm 
{GGMJ} - full - member

hi and welcome,

FTP-Port-Change:

Please open the index.php and search for
ftp_connect, this should be found at line 238(?)...

change the
ORIGINAL:
Code:
            $conn_id = @ftp_connect($ftp_server);

to

NEW:
Code:
            $conn_id = @ftp_connect($ftp_server,66);

to set the ftp-port to 66. Please report if it works :)

---

CHMOD-Things:

The user your webserver uses for delivering pages and so on needs to read and write into these two directories (logs/checkedlogs).
In some/many(?) cases the logfiles which were downloaded via php from the gameserver cant be written in the logs-dir
because the ftp-user you used to upload the script (index.php, config.php, ... ) differs from the user the apache/php runs on.

So you need to chmod the folder(s), not the index.php or something else.

If you have real access to your webserver, you also could chOWN (owner of directory(s)) to the user the apache runs on.

If you want it easy you can simply chmod the 2 folders to 775 and it should work.

Hope this helps, if not... we'll find a solution :)

Greetz - ~3DC~

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: So Mai 20, 2007 12:52 am 

As for :

$conn_id = @ftp_connect($ftp_server,XXXX);

This works with the custom port. One problem down!

As for CHMOD, the /log & the /checklog folders I have changed to 755 but still not having any luck with recieving logs. It appears on the remote machine, but doesn't download anything. I have double checked the ftp account ( made a custom one that has a virtual path to /UserLogs written identically to the config.php file, the logs are there, but they aren't getting downloaded. I will try a few more things, see if i can't get it to work, otherwise I'll have to manually upload them from the gameserver to the webserver.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mai 30, 2007 9:19 pm 
{GGMJ} - full - member

oh damn, sorry for the delay :(

could you please try if the ftp-user for the gameserver-machine can delete the logs in /Userlogs directory on the Gameserver?

Greetz

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde