ggmj.de

German Giant Map Junkies
Aktuelle Zeit: Mi Jan 23, 2019 6:45 am

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: maps(long)
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mär 29, 2006 5:47 am 
Well guys its been a while haven't been around these parts in a while, due in large part to the last time I saw you guys I was on your server and I saw that some of your mappers are taking stuff from my designs in my maps, and what not and using it in their own maps so I decided not to bother hanging around you guys.

Now normally I dont have a problem with anything like this, the beauty of the unreal engine and the community at large is that it allows content to be shared and ideas to be created.

The problem I really have is your mappers not only using my content(without permission but that is another issue) but to have a mapper from your clan take one of my level designs, essentially copy the whole premise, style and concept, change it a little maybe update it a little but essentially use the same design I have and call it your own. this is a problem. and there is very little I can do about it.

I'm glad you guys liked my work enought to copy me. I am not glad that you stole my content and ideas and made them your own without ever adding my maps to any of your servers. I submitted many maps to you to try and get on the servers, this is the whole idea for creating them, to get them online and get people playing them. I never saw one of my maps make it into circulation because I was told nobody liked them. well if no one liked them then no one should have copied my shit, period.

No offense guys but the maps you guys create are pretty good, but not overtly creative, some nice meshes, not a lot of thought in level design or content. I personally couldnt understand why some of the maps you had in circulation on the server were, for the most part in my opinion garbage and mine pushed aside.

I can live with the fact that people don't like my maps. I create my maps out of a desire to play something I see in my head, and push my knowledge to get that picture in the game, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and definitely not everyone likes it.

So in closing guys, congratulations on your lack of creativity. I'm glad you're needing to stifle other peoples ideas then take them and claim them as your own. I will tell everyone I can that GGMJ is a bunch of intellectual property thieves. and I am probably not the only one you have stolen ideas/content from.

At least I can rest easy knowing that EVERY SINGLE IDEA I HAD WAS AN ORIGINAL ONE!! and I tried to push the envelope of gameplay and content within my abilities on every map I made.

oh and if anyone feels the need to email me go right ahead, its mmoore01[ÄD]cogeco.ca if you'd like to discuss this further which i doubt you will. but you just may, either way I don't care.

edit/3dc: "spamprotected" your mail-adress

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mär 29, 2006 6:02 am 

thank you for your posting,
please send an email to
admin add ggmj.de
with more details.

leo/ dirk

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mär 29, 2006 6:42 am 
no thanks, no need for emails.

I've officially retired from ut gaming for now, and have no desire to pursue this further, however I just thought it necessary to let the parties involved know that I am aware of what they did, I spend many many hours on my work and it sucks to see it treated with such disrespect.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mär 29, 2006 11:00 am 
{GGMJ} - full - member

Betreff des Beitrags: maps
BeitragVerfasst: Do Mär 30, 2006 4:53 am 
please excuse the grammar which I used, anyone can realize that I fully understand that every single member of GGMJ was not directly involved. And that more than one mapper was most likely involved. That being said, can you all honestly say that in all the GGMJ maps that have been created that at least more than one of you have thought "hey you know what I've seen that content somewhere before"

I know I recognized content as it moves from map to map and through the community. so again in all honesty even though you may have not created it, you approved it, you liked it, and you added it to the server making you as culpable as the guy who created the map in the first place.

If you agree with me in that it really sucks to have something you worked hard on turned away and then told it wasn't good enough for the servers, then
copied/stolen/plagarized. if this was GGMJ content in someone else's map would you like it? would you tell the people in question? I know you would.

So don't get all defensive when the original author comes calling and is a little miffed about the whole thing because frankly if you recognized it, then your as guilty as the creator, if you agree with me, you'd pull the maps in question.(which I really don't want)

Now frankly I really am past worrying anymore about this, I thought i made some good friends at GGMJ, you all seemed pretty cool. sorry it had to come to this.

now getting to your reply

"Yes, that's sad. But not a reason to post such a stuff. But its easier than a normal conversation, right? And all will see, what kind of people ggmlers are. Only thieves which dont do anything themselfes and only steal content from other maps. Thanks Kanuck, you did fully understand everything. Already finished your work at ut2007? I mean... such a mapper has to be at epic. sarcastic? yes. Because of how you wrote it."

Did that statement upset a little bit? did making a comment about the quality of GGMJ property hit a nerve? funny how that works isn't it?

can you guys honestly say that all the maps you had on the servers from GGMJ were all great maps? I can say they weren't at all. that is nothing to be ashamed of, and is really not the point. My early maps were crap too and I know it, and not everything I made was great, my point I made was that why were my maps turned away from the servers when there were maps on there that were frankly garbage maps? it wasn't meant as a direct insult it was meant as a comparison. sorry you misunderstood the reference but its a fact.

FYI I could map in 2k7 if I wanted. I probably will, my skills in the unreal engine have grown considerably since you last spoke with me.

now as far as you getting upset at being called "intellectual property thieves" Im not the one who ripped off other peoples map designs and creations. you guys did, and getting upset about being called out about it won't help you in my book.

now listen guys, I dont want to get into a big pissing contest here, and I never said I was a better mapper, mines great yours is crap, and frankly I've been mature and calm about this in these messages. I am officially dropping this now. you can do what you want make whatever opinions you want, but the facts are the facts and the mappers that took my ideas and content know that they did.

It just lowered my opinion of you guys I would hope that you talk to your mappers if its a concern (its probably not) but anyways guys, happy trails have a good life maybe I'll see you in the 2k7 servers maybe you won't.

Canuck "not spelled with a K"

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Do Mär 30, 2006 9:38 am 
{GGMJ} - full - member

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde